[ovs-dev] I think I found a bug

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Tue Feb 22 07:00:31 UTC 2011

I would expect so.  One use that people have brought in the past is that you could setup backup routes at a lower priority, with the higher ones timing out or being forcibly removed.  I don't know how useful that actually is, but people have discussed doing that before with OpenFlow.

In general, Ben and I have been fairly negative in the OpenFlow discussions about putting in "sanity" checks at flow insertion time due to the complexity and expense of enforcing them.  There was quite a lengthy discussion a year or so back about preventing users from being able to put overlapping flows at the same priority--we lost that one.  :-)

--Justin