[ovs-dev] Updated debian packages

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Tue Jan 4 18:01:27 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 02:53:44PM +0900, Simon Horman wrote:
> I have it in mind to upload an updated openvswitch package,
> a git snapshot to Debian. Currently I am thinking in terms of uploading
> "datapath: Drop constness of datapath pointers."
> (027f90073af54d394f629f4f091a316b26beec67), which was the latest this
> morning, to experimental.
>
> Let me know if you would prefer this to go into unstable,
> if you would like me to use a different version or alternatively
> abandon the idea altogether.

I think that it would make sense to put the current master (which is
only two bugfix commits past the one that you cited) into unstable.

By the way, do you have any experience with git-buildpackage?  (I do
not.)  I wonder whether it would be a worthwhile idea to merge the
downstream Debian packaging into our Git tree.  We could either use a
new (set of) branches in the existing openvswitch.org Git repo or create
a repo at Alioth for the purpose.