[ovs-dev] Upstart init scripts

Ed Swierk eswierk at bigswitch.com
Thu Jan 6 20:23:24 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> wrote:
> Do you think that it would be valuable to include these as part of the
> Open vSwitch distribution?

Yes, it should benefit anyone running Ubuntu or a future version of
Debian (which will switch to upstart in the squeeze release).
Currently I have to install the upstart scripts manually after I
install the debs, as well as install ovs-brcompatd which is omitted
from the deb for some reason.

I'm not sure how best to incorporate this into the debian scripts,
though. We'd need to keep the existing init.d script for non-upstart
systems. Hopefully someone with more Ubuntu packaging experience can
help.

--Ed