[ovs-dev] [IPv6 0/7] Introduce IPv6 Matching to OVS

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Fri Jan 21 18:46:38 UTC 2011

On Jan 21, 2011, at 9:02 AM, Jesse Gross wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 4:27 AM, Justin Pettit <jpettit at nicira.com> wrote:
>> This introduces IPv6 matching to Open vSwitch.  It uses the Nicira
>> Extensible Match (NXM) extension to OpenFlow.  There a few remaining
>> items that will need to be resolved before the code is pushed:
>>
>>    - Jesse wanted to get back to me about how to handle initial
>>      fragments that don't contain a "terminal" header.
>>
>>    - I need to clarify with Jesse how he wants to handle packets with
>>      garbage values.
>
> It seems to me that we can handle the fragmentation issues with just a
> few minor changes.  Here's one idea (most of which already exists but
> for coherency here's the whole thing):

Thanks, Jesse.  I need to read this in more detail once my coffee IV kicks in.  In the meantime, why don't you guys skip the check_ipv6hdr() and parse_icmpv6() functions in "datapath/flow.c" and pull_ipv6() and parse_icmpv6() functions in "lib/flow.c".  They're fairly isolated, so if you assume they parse packets correctly, then you can review the rest of the code.  I'll send out revised patches with the new parsing logic by the early afternoon.

--Justin