[ovs-dev] [IPv6 7/7] DESIGN: Add document describing design decisions in OVS.

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Sat Jan 22 10:54:21 UTC 2011

On Jan 21, 2011, at 3:02 PM, Ben Pfaff wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 04:27:43AM -0800, Justin Pettit wrote:
>> A first cut at describing design decisions made in Open vSwitch.  The
>> primary purpose is to document decisions that may impact deployments
>> using different assumptions than those we made.  Currently, only IPv6 is
>> discussed.
>
> It looks fine to me but I'd consider folding it in with the first patch
> that refers to it (5?).

I originally broke it into its own commit in hopes that people would start adding to it, and not just assume that it's only for a discussion on IPv6.  That's probably silly, and it really does make sense to have it in the same commit as the one that references it.  I've rolled it into commit 5.

Thanks for the timely review!  It's appreciated as always.

I'm going to send out a revised revision of this patch series shortly, which addresses the issues that you raised and takes into account the parsing design Jesse and I have been discussing.

--Justin