[ovs-dev] [netlink v4 49/52] datapath: Convert ODP_DP_* commands to use AF_NETLINK socket layer.

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Mon Jan 24 22:28:36 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 02:25:54PM -0800, Jesse Gross wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 1:53 PM, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 03:55:14PM -0800, Jesse Gross wrote:
> >> OK, that makes sense to me. ?Should we also keep the existing RTNL
> >> notifications? ?It feels like compatibility code.
> >
> > These are needed for brcompat.
>
> OK, but it's not something you think we actually want on it's own
> merit and would remove it before upstreaming?

Absolutely I think we should remove it before upstreaming.  Ideally it
should live in brcompat_mod--originally, if I recall correctly, it did,
but I got lost in locking hell and had to move it into datapath.c.

If you want to add an #ifdef'able macro for stuff that should not be
upstreamed then I'd go along with that.