[ovs-dev] openvswitch on debian dkpg-buildpackage issue (with latest git version)

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Tue Jul 19 17:59:44 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 07:48:40PM +0200, S?bastien RICCIO wrote:
> On 07/19/2011 07:40 PM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> >
> >It's really strange that you don't have a file
> >_debian/utilities/bugtool/ovs-bugtool.  It should be getting built.
> >Maybe it is getting built in the source directory instead, somehow:
> >does utilities/bugtool/ovs-bugtool exist?
> >

> You're right, it's in the source directory, not in the _debian subdir.
> I've used the ./debian/openvswitch/usr/sbin/ovs-bugtool, is that bad ?

It should have the same contents, so it should be fine.  Your
suggested fix may in fact be a better way to do it anyway.  I'm just
trying to learn why the file is not also in _debian where I'd expect
to see it.

If you delete utilities/bugtool/ovs-bugtool and then run "make" in the
_debian directory, does it get recreated at the top level or under
_debian?

Thanks,

Ben.