[ovs-dev] [mlhash 0/2] Fix serious performance issue in mac learning.

Ethan Jackson ethan at nicira.com
Fri Jul 22 01:17:59 UTC 2011

Yesterday, Ben noticed that we were spending an unreasonable amount of time
looking up mac entries in the learning table.  This was due to a typo in the
mac-learning code that dates back to the first OVS commit in the current
repository.

The first patch in this series fixes the bug.  This patch is intended to be
used if we want to backport the fix to older stable branches.

The second patch in the series replaces the learning table with an hmap.  In
doing so it removes the code in the first patch.

Ethan Jackson (2):
  mac-learning: Fix serious performance bug in the learning table.
  mac-learning: Convert to hmap.

 lib/mac-learning.h |    5 +++--

1.7.6