[ovs-dev] [indexes 5/6] ovsdb: Implement table uniqueness constraints ("indexes").

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Tue Jun 7 05:49:07 UTC 2011

On Jun 6, 2011, at 9:13 AM, Ben Pfaff wrote:

>> (This is not for this series, but it may be possible to simplify the
>> "ovs-vsctl list" command if we use the unique index instead of
>> having to specify the "name" field.  Just a thought, anyway...)
>
> Can you explain further?

I was just thinking that if a table has a single unique "index" that that could be used as the identifier.  For example, when specifying "ovs-vsctl list Manager [target]", we wouldn't need to tell ovs-vsctl that the "target" column is the key that can be used to constrain the listing.  This may not be that useful, since we encode a lot of other understanding of the table structures already.

--Justin