[ovs-dev] [4806] vswitchd: Initialize configuration on active-backup bonds.

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Fri Mar 4 19:31:03 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 11:21:42AM -0800, Ethan Jackson wrote:
> Some configuration settings which were not balance-[slb|tcp]
> specific were only initialized for these bond types.
>
> Bug #4806.

I see the bug but I don't think that this is a correct fix.  These are
only supposed to be initialized once, when the bond is set up, and not
changed later every time we reconfigure.  In particular, changing the
no_ifaces_tag and active_iface_tag to a new random value on every
reconfiguration will screw up flow revalidation.

We need some way to tell that this stuff has already been set up, so
that we don't set it again.  For example, no_ifaces_tag is always
nonzero if it has been set up, so we could test for that (and clear it
to zero when n_ifaces drops below 2 again).

Thanks,

Ben.