[ovs-dev] [cfm 3/7] cfm: Remove Maintenance_Point and Monitor tables.

Ethan Jackson ethan at nicira.com
Fri May 20 21:32:41 UTC 2011

> I don't understand the last point there.  The fault status of the
> maintenance point is still available from the Interface column
> cfm_fault, isn't it?  What was lost?

This could be worded better in the commit message.  Previously, you
were able to configure multiple remote maintenance points, and check
the fault status of each of those maintenance points individually in
addition to the CFM object's fault status.  Now you can only check the
CFM object's fault status.  Since we only allow one remote maintenance
point, you can infer the fault status of the remote maintenance point
from that, but you can't read it directly.

> I see that the internal CFM code still supports multiple remote MPs,
> even though the database and ofproto interfaces can only configure a
> single one.  Any particular reason?

I'd kinda wanted to delete the support.  Justin thought we should keep
it around in case we ever need support for multiple remote maintenance
points again in the future.  I'm more or less neutral on the subject I
suppose.

Ethan