[ovs-dev] [pre-async 5/8] nicira-ext: Separate nx_aggregate_stats_reply from ofp_aggregate_stats_reply.

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Thu May 26 08:19:18 UTC 2011

On May 24, 2011, at 4:25 PM, Ben Pfaff wrote:

> +    ovs_be64 packet_count;         /* Number of packets in flows. */
> +    ovs_be64 byte_count;           /* Number of bytes in flows. */
> +    ovs_be32 flow_count;           /* Number of flows. */
> +    uint8_t pad[4];                /* Align to 64 bits. */

This isn't directly related to this patch, but it's come up before that hardware vendors sometimes don't have sufficient counters for all flows or may not be able to simultaneously gather flow and byte counters.  For port counters, the OpenFlow 1.0 spec explicitly states that a value of -1 can be used for counters that aren't supported.  I'd suggest that we adopt the same convention for flow counters.  At the very least for our extended ones.  What do you think?  It would mostly be the WDP, er ofproto, integrator's job, so I believe it's only a matter of adding a comment to the description of the structures.

The patch looks good to me.

--Justin