[ovs-dev] ovsdbmonitor connection problem

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Tue May 31 17:32:51 UTC 2011

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 12:18:39PM +0800, Chao-Rui Chang wrote:
> I can't get ovsdbmonitor to connect to ovsdb-server with the following Host
> Properties:
> Host name or IP: 127.0.0.1
> SSH Password: my_root_password
> Connect target: unix:/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock
>
> The OVSDB Monitor Log shows:
>
> Authentication failure for 127.0.0.1
>
> The syslog shows:
> May 29 12:01:40 ppc-desktop sshd[3645]: Failed keyboard-interactive/pam for
> root from 127.0.0.1 port 58464 ssh2
>
> Is there something wrong in the Host Properties?

It sounds like your sshd is configured to require keyboard-interactive
authentication.  I don't think that that is going to work with
ovsdbmonitor.

It would be reasonable to add support to ovsdbmonitor for running
commands locally instead of through ssh.  I doubt that I will do this
myself, but I'm sure that we would accept patches.