[ovs-dev] [tos 3/3] vswitch: Implement dscp column of the Queue table.

Ethan Jackson ethan at nicira.com
Wed Nov 23 19:02:20 UTC 2011

> I wonder whether priority_node is the most informative possible name.
> Both "priority" and "node" are very generic computer science terms and
> so the name priority_node doesn't pop out as being descriptive.  Maybe
> something like "queue_marking", "qos_to_dscp", etc. would be more
> meaningful.
>
> The word "priority" is kind of lousy in this context.  It's the name
> kernel uses in sk_buff, but it's not a good or meaningful name since
> it's actually a handle for a queue, not a priority at all.

The naming of this stuff is pretty awkward.  I think priority is the
correct term though because that's what it's called in struct flow.  I
wanted to distinguish between priority (the thing in flow) and
queue_id (the thing in the database).  I do agree that priority_node
isn't the best name though,  I'll probably change that to
priority_to_dscp.

I'll send out an incremental incorporating your comments.

Ethan