[ovs-dev] asking about flow rate limiting feature

Trinh Minh Tri tmtri81 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 14:39:33 UTC 2011

Dear Mr Justin!

>As your sugestion, I can only set the queue for output port. But I think
setting queue for output port is not good because the traffic has already
entered the network. Is there any way to set queue for input port? so if the
customer sends more traffic than the SLA, I can drop the packet  before it
can enter the network?

At first I think it's better to drop the packet before it enters the
openvswitch so the openvswitch doesn't need to spend the resource to
calculate and route the traffic to the outport. But based on your
suggestion, my experiment network is not large so doesn't need inport SLA.

>And to periodically change the queue rate, as I understand I have to
periodically reconfigure the queue rate. How about the stability of this
solution.

I mean I don't know whether  when I reconfigure the queue rate, there will
be loss and if I change the queue rate frequently, there will be a lot of
packet loss. But I think I will try to test it by myself.

Thank you very much for your valuable suggestion!
Trinh Minh Tri