[ovs-dev] flows in Flow Table?

Bibrak Qamar bibrakc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 14:13:24 UTC 2011

But when dpif-netdev is used does it store flows in both of the tables? I
mean why are we maintaining two tables?

struct classifier {
    int n_rules;                /* Total number of rules. */
    struct hmap tables;         */* Contains "struct cls_table"s.  */*
};

struct dp_netdev {
..
..
 struct hmap flow_table;   *  /* Flow table. */*
..
}

When a new flow (packet) is received does it look_up in classifier's table
or  netdev's flow_table for match?

Thanks for your help
Bibrak