[ovs-dev] [python 4/7] python: Upgrade daemon module to argparse.

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Tue Sep 27 16:53:12 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 04:49:24PM -0700, Ethan Jackson wrote:
> This patch also updates it's callers.

s/it's/its/ above.

I see that you change some program invocation syntax in the tests from
--foo=bar to --foo bar.  Is that really necessary?  The argparse
documentation claims that both forms are acceptable; see
http://docs.python.org/library/argparse.html#option-value-syntax

I see that in the process you dropped some double-quotes (e.g. changed
"--foo=`pwd`" to --foo `pwd`).  So if it's really necessary to avoid =
then please at least retain the double-quotes.

I notice that we're using $PWD in some of the tests.  We should use
`pwd` instead since it is more portable.  (You don't have to fix it
here though.)

Otherwise looks good, thanks.