[ovs-dev] Openvswitch support - port tagging

Daniele Milani dano1988 at hotmail.it
Tue Apr 3 08:23:55 UTC 2012

Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 17:26:17 -0700
Subject: Re: Openvswitch support - port tagging
From: aatteka at nicira.com
To: dano1988 at hotmail.it
CC: libvir-list at redhat.com; libvirt-users at redhat.com; dev at openvswitch.org; roberto.sassu at polito.it; paolo.smiraglia at polito.it

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 5:56 AM, Daniele Milani <dano1988 at hotmail.it> wrote:

I was looking at the release candidate of libvirt (0.9.11-rc2) and I have not been able to understand if the openvswitch support includes the port tagging support.
If your question is "Whether it is possible to specify VLAN tag in
Domain XML file" then the answer is "No".

But, you can always invoke ovs-vsctl manually to add a tag

to the VM's interface after it was already created (if this is
an option to you).

It is possible to do that adding vlanid=number in the virtualport definition and translating it with ovs-vsctl --tag=number in virdnetevopenvswitch.c .
Do you think that a patch that includes this functionality would be accepted?

Thanks,
Daniele

So my question is: is it possible to create a tagged port? How?
Otherwise, would it be useful to add this functionality?

Thanks,
Daniele Milani