[ovs-dev] [RFC v4] Add TCP encap_rcv hook (repost)

Jamal Hadi Salim jhs at mojatatu.com
Sun Apr 22 15:54:42 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-04-22 at 08:22 -0700, Stephen Hemminger wrote:

> STT isn't really doing TCP, it just lying and pretending to be
> TCP to allow TSO to work! There is no packet ordering, sequence
> numbers or any real transport layer.

True. It is a nice engineering hack but even as a protocol enhancement
questionable at best.

> Therefore Simon's
> proposed hook is the only way to support it. But exposing that
> hook does allow for other misuse.

If you object to this, then you gotta object to the UDP equivalent
which has been around for sometime now for legitimate reasons
and could be used by STT (I think the claim was no hardware
does USO);->

cheers,
jamal