[ovs-dev] Threaded userspace datapath

Giuseppe Lettieri g.lettieri at iet.unipi.it
Fri Aug 24 08:25:02 UTC 2012

Il 20/08/2012 20:48, Ed Maste ha scritto:
>> 3. The datapath thread waits in poll() with each port's file descriptor in
>> >the fd array.  However there's currently no fd to signal a bridge
>> >reconfiguration, so the poll() has to timeout before the thread will pick up
>> >the new config on the next time through its loop.

We are considering to add the notification in dpif_netdev_run(), a
callback which is now empty in the #ifdef THREADED case. According to
our tests this solves the problem in practice, but we are worried that
it may be a misuse of the interface, since the corresponding
dpif_netdev_wait() callback would still be empty. Any comment would be
much appreciated.

Giuseppe

--
Dr. Ing. Giuseppe Lettieri
Dipartimento di Ingegneria della Informazione
e-mail: g.lettieri at iet.unipi.it