[ovs-dev] ovs kernel how to receive message form user space

xushan liu xushan.liu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 02:58:46 UTC 2012

hi all:
       I am researching OVS recently. I want ask something about OVS code,
when the first packet of a flow arrive in OVS , the packet will miss in
flow table, then it will be sent to user space through netlink , when the
user space finish processing the packet , I think there will generate a
action of the flow in generally, then I think the action of the flow will
be sent to kernel , the kernel will add a flow in flow table , and process
the packet, but I can't find a receive function for kernel to receive
message from user space , I want to know whether there is a receive
function in kernel or I have a wrong understand about the OVS code.
       Another question , I can't understand the relationship of
facet,subfacet and rule, what is a facet, why it may include one or more
subfacet?  What is the relationship between datapath action and them?
       My English is a little poor,hope you can understand what I have
said, hope to get a reply,thanks

       sincerely,
       LiuXushan