[ovs-dev] Q on userspace OVS

Ravi.Kerur at telekom.com Ravi.Kerur at telekom.com
Fri Feb 10 00:41:33 UTC 2012

Thanks Ben.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Pfaff [mailto:blp at nicira.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 4:17 PM
To: Kerur, Ravi
Cc: dev at openvswitch.org
Subject: Re: [ovs-dev] Q on userspace OVS

OK.  Nothing special then.

It could be that the userspace datapath simply doesn't work in the latest version of OVS.  We don't test it very often, and this wouldn't be the first time that a bug had crept it.  It does get some exposure in the unit tests, but the unit tests necessarily can't test the actual use with real system devices, so it's not a high-quality test.

Is there a particular reason you want to use the userspace datapath?
The kernel datapath is far more important.

Thanks,

Ben.