[ovs-dev] [of1.1 draft v2 0/7] of1.1 draft series rebased

Simon Horman horms at verge.net.au
Tue Feb 14 03:24:02 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 02:19:00PM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 11:46:51AM +0900, Simon Horman wrote:
> > beyond the work required to get the patches in this series merged,
> > I am wondering how you see the scope of work to get Open vSwtich
> > ready to handle multiple versions of Open Flow.
>
> I've added a lot of details to
> http://openvswitch.org/development/openflow-1-x-plan/ including day or
> hour work estimates for a lot of items.  Does that help?

Yes, indeed it does.

To clarify, I am most interested in adding support for OF 1.2 features
to Open vSwitch. My understanding from your previous posts and the
page at the URL above is that the patches you have already posted need
some more work but they should be more or less a sufficient base for
adding both OF 1.1 and 1.2 features.