[ovs-dev] [packet_in 12/13] ofproto-dpif: Implement PACKET_IN in userspace.

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Mon Jan 2 18:36:39 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 05:52:39PM -0800, Ethan Jackson wrote:
> In future patches, PACKET_IN messages will include meta-data which
> is only available in userspace during action translation.  Either,
> this data needs to be stored until it's required by a userspace
> datapath action, or the PACKET_IN messages must be sent at the time
> the data is available.  This patch implements the latter.

In execute_controller_action(), the call to eth_push_vlan() should
mask off the VLAN_CFI bit.  It would also be reasonable for
eth_push_vlan() to mask it off internally.

Also in execute_controller_action(), I think that the check for
packet->l7 should also check for IPv4.  You could nest it inside the
'if' statement just above it.  Otherwise, IPv6 (or ARP with a funny
opcode) could qualify, and I'm pretty sure that the code won't handle
IPv6 properly.

Otherwise this looks good.  Thank you.