[ovs-dev] asking the example to use openflow protocol to limit the flow rate in openvswitch

trinh tri no8bk at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 4 03:53:50 UTC 2012

Hi Mr Justin!

I would like to ask about export the netflow from openvswitch to a remote ubuntu computer:
              netflow
 [ovs]=========>[ubuntu-pc]
Following the manual, I configure netflow exporter like this
[ovs]:
$./ovs-vsctl -- set bridge br0 netflow=@nf -- --id=@nf create NetFlow targets=\"161.200.90.74:5566\" active-timeout=30
$./ovs-vsctl list netflow

_uuid               : 6741d14c-f382-4a03-82ff-cb9339a54758
active_timeout      : 30
add_id_to_interface : false
engine_id           : []
engine_type         : []
external_ids        : {}
targets             : ["161.200.90.74:5566"]

But when I monitor the output port using tcpdump:
$tcpdump -i eth0
tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol decode
listening on eth0, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 96 bytes

I don't see any netflow packets sending out of my eth port to [ubuntu].

I would like to ask, whether there is any wrong with my configuration?
How to check whether netflow packets are sent out of openvswitch?

Thank you very much
Trinh Minh Tri
PhD Student, Department of Electrical Engineering
Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand.
Phone:0824566602

Email: no8bk at yahoo.com