[ovs-dev] ovs and gre tunnel configuration

ravi kerur rkerur at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 18:46:24 UTC 2012

My bad, I misread man pages and I was debugging tunnel config problem
so thought probably local_ip can be used to influence soure_ip in the
linux and could solve my config problem and from the output of
ovs-vsctl assumed ip addresses are configured correctly. Output from
ovs-vsctl shows as follows.

ovs-vsctl shows

963b4cf-f4b9-4852-b816-807340662889
    Bridge "br0"
        Port "gre0"
            Interface "gre0"
                type: gre
        Port "eth0"
            Interface "eth0"
        Port "br0"
            Interface "br0"
                type: internal

For the flow configuration, I think I need to have couple of flows
configured via ovs-ofctl i.e.

On transmit side:

1. match IP/ICMP/IP_src/IP_dst and actions=2(gre0 port number)
2. match IP/GRE/IP_src/IP_dst and actions=1(eth0 port number)

On receive side:

1. match IP/GRE/IP_src/IP_dst and actions=??? to strip/decap gre header
2. match IP/ICMP/IP_src/IP_dst and actions=NORMAL

Thanks,
Ravi