[ovs-dev] FW: MPLS and VLAN QinQ patch

ravi kerur rkerur at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 20:02:40 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 11:40:22AM -0700, ravi kerur wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> wrote:
>> > Ravi, I'm more or less happy with the userspace code here.  I mostly
>> > have style kinds of concerns.  (I haven't fully scrutinized every line
>> > though.)
>> >

>> <rk> is it coding style or logic or something else?
>
> Just coding style.

<rk> let me know any changes you want me to do I will take care of them.

>> > I did notice that compose_dec_mpls_ttl() decrements "ttl" twice (it
>> > has --ttl in two places).
>>
>> <rk> will look into it, probably they are ctx->flow and ctx->base_flow
>> will double check.
>
> Both are the same local variable.

<rk> I think one subtle difference is that when incoming packet is
mpls then ctx->base_flow.mpls_lse is updated with label stack entry,
if its non-mpls, ctx->base_flow->mpls_lse will be 0, until a
mpls_action is pushed. I did the changes in compose_dec_mpls_ttl to
handle a test case when decremented mpls ttl was not copied to outer
mpls header on a 2-labled mpls stack. I will try to recreate the bug
and remove if its not needed.

Thanks,
Ravi