[ovs-dev] MPLS and VLAN QinQ patch

Pravin Shelar pshelar at nicira.com
Wed Jun 13 00:31:07 UTC 2012

Hi Ravi,

I see following issues with datapath mpls support:

Actions:
I do not see skb->csum updated when mpls action is performed on packet.

Push / Set_lse action:
You can compute mpls_lse value flow setup time in userspace. That will
save time in every packet switching plus it simplifies code. we can
easily do it for single label case.

TTL actions:
As Jesse has mentioned before there could be one Set action which
should be able to handle three different ttl related actions added.
e.g. OVS_ACTION_ATTR_COPY_TTL_IN can generate set-ipv4 action from
userspace. OVS_ACTION_ATTR_COPY_TTL_OUT and
OVS_ACTION_ATTR_DEC_MPLS_TTL can be set mpls action. This works for
single label case. But ttl_in and ttl_out also needs mpls inner packet
parsing in flow_extract to get exact flow in kernel datapath.

Thanks,
Pravin.