[ovs-dev] Determine type of port (was: New topic)

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Thu Jun 14 16:56:26 UTC 2012

On Jun 14, 2012, at 9:37 AM, Arturo Martín wrote:

> I'd like to know if there are any match field for knowing the port type of a switch. I need know if each port is a tap, ethX, gre, etc. port (interface). I'm using POX (the new development of NOX) and I'd like to make a type port table, because depend on this type I have to insert one flow u another.

I assume the interface you have to the switch is OpenFlow.  OpenFlow doesn't provide this level of information on the port.  You can query the names of all the devices, though.  Since the type of the device can be inferred by the name, you could write some logic in your controller to behave differently based on that.

--Justin