[ovs-dev] Q on flow matching

Ravi.Kerur at telekom.com Ravi.Kerur at telekom.com
Mon Mar 12 21:28:15 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have programmed 2 vlan flows via

ovs-ofctl add-flow br0 priority=65535,idle_timeout=50000,dl_vlan_pcp=2,actions=strip_vlan,1

ovs-ofctl add-flow br0 priority=65535,idle_timeout=50000,dl_vlan=2,dl_vlan_pcp=2,actions=1

When I send vlan packets with vid=2 and vlan_pcp=2, I see packets always match 1st flow and not 2nd flow. I thought flow matching is similar to longest prefix match expect that flow matching looks for more matching fields than bits and was expecting 2nd flow to be matched. Only way I get to match 2nd flow is by decreasing the priority of the 1st flow. Is this a bug or that's the way it is supposed to work? Inputs appreciated.

Thanks
Ravi