[ovs-dev] Looking for help to get into OVS development !!

Ethan Jackson ethan at nicira.com
Wed Mar 28 18:40:45 UTC 2012

I would recommend doing the following in order:

1) Use git to clone the source code available at openvswitch.org
2) Read the available documentation.  In particular read the README,
DESIGN, INSTALL.Linux, CodyingStyle, and SubmittingPatches files.
3) Following the instructions to build and install Open vSwitch.
4) Play around with it, get familiar.
5) Write code.
6) Submit it.

Ethan