[ovs-dev] [slow path 00/11] introduce "slow path" datapath flows

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Sat May 5 18:10:37 UTC 2012

This series of commits starts installing datapath flows even for
flows that must be processed packet-by-packet in userspace.  This
is helpful for debugging.  The final patch in the series increases
the reliability of CFM, LACP, and STP receive, by separating those
packets into a dedicated kernel-to-userspace queues.

I haven't yet had a chance to properly test this series on real
hardware.  It passes all the unit tests and seemed to make a
difference in my single-box KVM simulation, but I don't trust that.

Ben Pfaff (11):
  ofproto: Don't limit flows in OpenFlow tables by default.
  ofproto-dpif: Minor style fix.
  odp-util: Fix typo in comment.
  odp-util: Use switch for checking values of an enum.
  ofproto-dpif: Clean up and centralize sFlow logic.
  odp-util: Change user_action_cookie from struct to union.
  ofproto-dpif: Factor parts of update_stats() out into separate
    functions.
  ofproto-dpif: Move code closer to left margin in
    facet_check_consistency().
  ofproto-dpif: Introduce "internal flows" for handling flow table
    misses.
  ofproto-dpif: Introduce "slow path" datapath flows.
  ofproto-dpif: Segregate CFM, LACP, and STP traffic into separate
    queues.

 lib/dpif-linux.c             |   11 +-
 lib/dpif-provider.h          |    4 +
 lib/dpif.c                   |    3 +
 lib/odp-util.c               |  125 +++++-
 lib/odp-util.h               |   50 ++-
 ofproto/ofproto-dpif-sflow.c |   23 +-
 ofproto/ofproto-dpif-sflow.h |    4 +-
 ofproto/ofproto.c            |    1 +