[ovs-dev] Problem with fake bridges

Daniele Milani dano1988 at hotmail.it
Thu May 10 15:25:51 UTC 2012

Hi all,
I have the following situation:
-I created two fake bridges on the same real bridge (br1 with tag=1 and br2 with tag=2);
-I created two virtual machines (vm1 and vm2);
-I attached the VM1 interface (vnet1) to br1, and the VM2 interface (vnet2) to br2;
-I set br1 as default route of VM1 and br2 as default route of VM2;
-if I run "$ ovs-vsctl show " I see that vnet1 tag is 1 and vnet2 is 2.

The problem is that, if I ping VM1 from VM2, or VM2 from VM1, the ping succeed.

My question is: is it possible to avoid the ping between interfaces attached to different fakebridge created on the same bridge?

Thanks,
Daniele Milani