[ovs-dev] Problem with DHCP and TUNNEL

Daniele Milani dano1988 at hotmail.it
Wed May 23 14:49:21 UTC 2012

Hi,
I have the following situation:
-two different physical hosts (H1 and H2);
-in H1 I created a bridge (br1) and I started a dnsmasq daemon listening on it (DHCPDAEMON1);
-in H2 I created another bridge (br2) and I started a dnsmasq daemon listening on it (DHCPDAEMON2);
-I created a gre tunnel between H1 and H2.

The problem is that, if I start a Virtual Machine on H1 I receive DHCP offer both from DHCPDAEMON1 and DHCPDAEMON2, and if I start a VM on H2 I obtain the same behaviour.

My question is: is it possible to prevent DHCP traffic from passing into the tunnel?

Thanks,
Daniele Milani