[ovs-dev] [GIT net-next] Open vSwitch

David Miller davem at davemloft.net
Fri Nov 30 17:03:27 UTC 2012

From: Jesse Gross <jesse at nicira.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:35:42 -0800

> This series of improvements for 3.8/net-next contains four components:
>  * Support for modifying IPv6 headers
>  * Support for matching and setting skb->mark for better integration with
>    things like iptables
>  * Ability to recognize the EtherType for RARP packets
>  * Two small performance enhancements
>
> The movement of ipv6_find_hdr() into exthdrs_core.c causes two small merge
> conflicts.  I left it as is but can do the merge if you want.  The conflicts
> are:
>  * ipv6_find_hdr() and ipv6_find_tlv() were both moved to the bottom of
>    exthdrs_core.c.  Both should stay.
>  * A new use of ipv6_find_hdr() was added to net/netfilter/ipvs/ip_vs_core.c
>    after this patch.  The IPVS user has two instances of the old constant
>    name IP6T_FH_F_FRAG which has been renamed to IP6_FH_F_FRAG.

Pulled, thanks Jesse.

The merge conflict directions were particularly helpful.

If you ever do the merge yourself (I'm ambivalent about where you or I
do it), make sure you force the merge commit message to have a
description of the conflict resolution similarly to what you provided
here.

Thanks again.