[ovs-dev] Fedora RPM specfile changes

Kyle Mestery (kmestery) kmestery at cisco.com
Mon Oct 1 18:56:09 UTC 2012

I'm looking at adding support for building RPMs from the upstream OVS for
Fedora systems now. One question I have, and this may apply more to the
Fedora folks who lurk on this list than the OVS folks, is how much does it
matter how close the RPM build of upstream OVS matches the one in the
Fedora project? I have some existing spec files I've been using internally to
build OVS for Fedora for a while now, but they are very different than the
ones upstream for Fedora 18. If it doesn't matter how different things are,
then I may just submit a patch with my existing ones.

Any comments?

Thanks,
Kyle