[ovs-dev] OVS and namespaces

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Mon Oct 8 20:24:31 UTC 2012

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Gary Kotton <gkotton at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> When Quantum is using OVS and namespaces there are problems when namespace
> is being deleted. More specifically this is when a default gateway is
> assigned to an interface that is used by the OVS. A simple way of
> reproducing this is:
>
> sudo ip netns exec<name>  ip route del ...
> sudo ip netns exec<name>  ovs-vsctl del-port...
>
> From this moment on one is not able to access the namespace. The problem
> does not occur when the traditional linux bridges are used.
>
> Has anyone encountered this before?

I haven't heard of it before and can't think of any reasons why it
might be the case.  I tried reproducing it as well but couldn't
although I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by not being
able to access the namespace.

Can you give a more detailed set of steps of how to reproduce this and
more information about your environment (like the kernel version)?