[ovs-dev] the problem of bridge wlan

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Wed Oct 31 04:09:05 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 09:51:43AM +0800, ???? wrote:
>        using openvswitch wireless
> the step follows:
> 1.
> bridge name: brwlan0
> wireless name: wlan0
> virtual nic : tap0
> 2.
> brwlan0 content wlan0 and tap0.
> 3.
> This time and the external network through.
> 4.
> qemu-system-x86_64 -m 2048 -hda ./winxptemp.img -net nic,macaddr=00:43:53:34:23:33 -net tap,ifname=tap0,script=no
> 5.
> the vm can't get ip address.
> how to solve this problem ?

The following FAQ may be relevant.

Q: I can't seem to use Open vSwitch in a wireless network.

A: Wireless base stations generally only allow packets with the source
   MAC address of NIC that completed the initial handshake.
   Therefore, without MAC rewriting, only a single device can
   communicate over a single wireless link.

   This isn't specific to Open vSwitch, it's enforced by the access
   point, so the same problems will show up with the Linux bridge or
   any other way to do bridging.