[ovs-dev] Problem adding flows openvswitch

Andi andi at dis.uniroma1.it
Wed Sep 19 17:22:59 UTC 2012

On 09/19/2012 06:56 PM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 06:39:54PM +0200, Andi wrote:

>>> That explains the problem.
>>>
>>> Do you know how that happened?  I don't think anything in OVS
>>> recommends setting this variable; definitely you should not set it to
>>> the empty string.
>> Hi Ben,
>> We have installed openvswitch in netkit(a user-mode linux front-end
>> let's say) after cross-compiling it for UML. During the startup of
>> the virtual machines we use a script to install openvswitch using
>> the commands reported in section 7 of INSTALL.Linux. The various
>> environment variables are exported in the script but as it turns out
>> they are not permanent after booting. After chroot-ing in the file
>> system of the virtual machines I have added the export of this
>> variables values in .bashrc.
> Is the script something that might be useful to others?  If so, please
> consider posting it.  If it's general-purpose enough, then perhaps it
> might be useful to include it in the Open vSwitch repository.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben.
Hi Ben,

I think it(btw it is a makefile with different targets such as boot,
start, stop ...) could be useful for those who are using openvswitch on
netkit. If generalized only a little it can be used even for other
environments. So could you point me where to exactly put it?

Btw we have also written a guide about installing openvswitch in DD-WRT.
We have reported the guide here:
http://www.openflow.org/wk/index.php/UoR_:_Openflow_Kernel_space_on_DD-WRT
If you think it's the case that this should be added even in some
openvswitch wiki or repository let us know and we will add it.

Regards,
Andi

*University of Rome "La Sapienza"*

*Ing Andi Palo*
/PhD student/
/Department of Computer, Control and Management Engineering (DIAG)/

Via Ariosto, 25 - 00185 Rome - Italy
Tel: +39 06 77274034