[ovs-dev] Building an openvswitch rpm for the openvswitch

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Tue Sep 25 17:00:23 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 01:07:50PM +0000, Kyle Mestery (kmestery) wrote:
> On Sep 24, 2012, at 10:58 PM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 07:05:50PM -0700, kashyap TA wrote:
> >>    I am currently running Fedora 17 and have OVS 1.7.1 installed on it.  I
> >> made some changes to learning-switch.c and want to rebuild and install. How
> >> can I build the rpm for both the openvswitch and openvswitch-kmod module?
> >
> > Read INSTALL.RHEL.
>
> I've actually hit the same problems for Fedora. Last time I tried
> this, the RHEL RPM specfiles didn't work for me, so I have created
> my own Fedora ones, and I utilize those to build OVS for
> Fedora. I've attached them here. But perhaps I should spend some
> time understanding why the normal RHEL ones didn't work for me as
> well.

That'd be great.

I didn't look at your Fedora spec files yet.  Are they different from
the RHEL ones in important ways, or merely tweaks?  Is it possible to
unify them with the RHEL ones?  Ideally, I want OVS to ship so that it
is easy to build packaging for each distribution that has enough
interested users to help maintain the packaging.

Thanks,

Ben.