[ovs-dev] "brctl show" doesn't list attached interfaces

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Thu Sep 27 18:37:19 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 11:28:35AM -0700, Jesse Gross wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 02:52:17AM +0900, Tadaaki Nagao wrote:
> >> I recently noticed that "brctl show" doesn't list bridges' attached
> >> interfaces as with the Linux kernel bridge, while of course "ovs-dpctl
> >> show" lists them correctly:
> >
> > I'd be inclined to try to fix this in the other direction, by ensuring
> > somehow that "brctl show" doesn't list Open vSwitch datapaths at all,
> > since they are not Linux kernel bridges.
>
> Well this is all code to support bridge compatibility, in which case
> we're pretending that they are Linux bridges.

I see datapaths in brctl show output even without brcompat:

    oot at debian:~# rmmod brcompat
    Error: Module brcompat is not currently loaded
    root at debian:~# brctl show
    bridge name	bridge id		STP enabled	interfaces
    root at debian:~# ovs-vsctl add-br br0
    root at debian:~# brctl show
    bridge name	bridge id		STP enabled	interfaces
    br0		0000.d61b592dd94d	no
    root at debian:~# ovs-dpctl show
    system at br0:
            lookups: hit:0 missed:0 lost:0