[ovs-dev] Threaded userspace datapath

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Fri Sep 28 18:48:17 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 3:49 AM, Giuseppe Lettieri
<g.lettieri at iet.unipi.it> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we have finally found the time to finish work on this patch. We have
> addressed all the issues that were mentioned in the previous mails, plus
> some more that showed up later. We now pass all unit tests on both Linux and
> FreeBSD and we can more confidently offer the patch to your attention, for
> possible inclusion. As usual, any comment would be much appreciated.

I haven't been following this work all that closely but earlier on
there was a discussion of how the performance benefits might be
related to how poll is used.  Restructuring that seems like a much
more desirable path but I never saw any real follow up.  What was the
reason for continuing to go down this path?