[ovs-dev] [seq 4/5] seq: New module for race-free, pollable, thread-safe sequence number.

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Sun Aug 11 03:51:02 UTC 2013

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 04:32:11PM -0700, Andy Zhou wrote:
> Sorry for the delay in review.  It took me a while to understand the design
> intent to be able to understand the logic.

Thanks for the review.

If the design intent is unclear, then maybe I could make the code
clearer.  I want my code to be easy to understand.  Can you think of
some change that would make it more obvious?

> A design question:  It seems  'seq' API expects seq numbers to be
> monotonically increasing. is this true? If yes, would it make sense to add
> some asserts?

The seq numbers should be monotonically increasing, but I am not sure
what asserts would help.  What do you suggest?