[ovs-dev] [branch-1.11] ofproto-dpif: Fix memory leak in handle_flow_miss().

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Tue Aug 20 07:25:37 UTC 2013

On Aug 20, 2013, at 12:01 AM, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> wrote:

> On Aug 19, 2013 11:35 PM, "Justin Pettit" <jpettit at nicira.com> wrote:
> >
> > Great catch.  Also, very cool with sleuthing with your malloc histogram (as discussed off-list).
>
> Thanks.
>
> Did you look around to make sure that I didn't somehow overlook a free call somewhere?  This patch "feels right" but obviously it needs to be more than a feeling.

I think it's correct.  The only references of that xout instance are given to handle_flow_miss_without_facet() and facet_create(), which make local copies of the data and don't retain references to that instance.

I also had gone through the code to see if we missed any other frees and didn't see any.

--Justin