[ovs-dev] VEPA support in OVS

jerry jerry.lilijun at huawei.com
Tue Dec 3 01:55:26 UTC 2013

On 2013/12/3 1:42, Kyle Mestery (kmestery) wrote:
> On Dec 2, 2013, at 3:58 AM, Peter Cheung <mcheung63 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey, $)ADc$)GT/H4JtH4Nropenstack+OVS]UD!c[$)A#?NR5DTitan9\@m$)G]TG5cw]CSSD!T6OVSN{DuSra?D)T/]CLyOVS, F_GcJFD)GYI"$)A#,K|JGR;$)GT6bddcbzFx.
>>
>> Thanks
>> from Peter
>>
> Hi Peter:
>
> My only curiosity here was what would the advantages of implementing
> VEPA in OVS be over using the existing lldpad approach. I'd also be
> interested to hear what Ben has to say here. Since VEPA is already
> mostly implemented in something outside of OVS, then perhaps hooking
> up with that work would be a good approach.
Hi Kyle,
It may be a good solution using OVS and lldpad. But here additional software
components need to be integrated to OVS, it may make things a bit complicated.
If we just modify a little codes or add some Openflow rules to implement VEPA in OVS,
it's easy to use VEPA by installing only OVS as before.

BR
Jerry