[ovs-dev] SDN Switch Implementation fosters open development

Zhu Jian zhuj at centecnetworks.com
Tue Dec 3 09:37:00 UTC 2013

Hello everybody! I wish all of you had a good Thanksgiving.

We have exposed a open source project named "Lantern" which based on the OVS
running on top of physical switch.

http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/SDN-Switch-Implementation-fosters-open-d
evelopment-20018205

Please get the source code and more detail information from
https://github.com/CentecNetworks/Lantern.

The Lantern includes the following parts:

1.       Debian 7.2

2.       OVS master branch

3.       Silicon SDK and adapter layer for OVS

I suppose it's the first open source implementation including the silicon
SDK.

We are also planning to contribute the silicon SDK and adapter layer to the
OVS upstream which could extend and boost the usage of OVS in the physical
switch.

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions. I expect to get your
comments and suggestions.

Thanks,

Neil