[ovs-dev] Does ovs-vsctl add-br br01 really create a bridge just like brctl add-br br01?

黄登辉 huangdenghui at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 12:40:48 UTC 2013

Hi

    Recently, i am reading source code of ovs-vsctl. i get confused. what
confused me is ovs-vsctl doesn't send instruction to kernel module, seems
that it only store br information into br table. As we know,  brctl add-br
will send instruction to kernel module by ioctl with flag SIOCSIFBR, and
ovs-dpctl add-dp will send instruction  to kernel module by netlink.  So my
question is that does ovs-vsctl add-br br01 really create a bridge just
like brctl add-br br01? If yes, please kindly tell how? Thanks.