[ovs-dev] [ext-272 0/4] Implement EXT-272 (role reply generation_ids)

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Tue Feb 12 16:52:08 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 03:31:16PM +0000, Rajahalme, Jarno (NSN - FI/Espoo) wrote:
> The patches look good, but as I haven't seen the EXT-272, I don't know
> if there is a possible conflict with the all-ones value returned when
> the generation id is undefined. Have you proposed to exclude the
> all-ones value from the set of valid generation ID values? Or does it
> matter?

There's nothing special in EXT-272 about excluding all-ones.  I think
the logic is that UINT64_MAX is unlikely to actually come up if the
generation number starts from zero.

You ought to be able to get access to the Open Networking Foundation bug
tracker because Nokia Siemens Networks is an ONF member.  See
https://www.opennetworking.org/membership/member-resources and click on
"Create your ONF Jira account."