[ovs-dev] log flooded with: cannot get STP status on nonexistent port 7

James Dingwall james.dingwall at zynstra.com
Tue Feb 26 09:10:49 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 with the default OVS packages based on the 1.4
release in combination with Xen.  I have observed a problem with stubdom
domains causing the logs to be flooded with messages such as:

cannot get STP status on nonexistent port 7

The cause is that Xen removes a stubdom interface while the domain is
running if it is HVM and has suitable PV drivers installed but it
doesn't call the vif script to remove the interface until the domain is
shutdown.  I have found a patch that was commited to master that rate
limits this message
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.network.openvswitch.devel/10239 (git
b0a5c43bd76c248408326f51823e67dcd87d0994) but this hasn't been merged to
branch-1.4.  Is it possible for this commit to be cherry picked to
branch-1.4 or is this branch now unmaintained?

Thanks,
James