[ovs-dev] Bug#701758: openvswitch: new version upstream

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Tue Feb 26 21:12:52 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 05:43:49PM -0300, Ernesto Domato wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 5:23 PM, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 04:49:46PM -0300, Ernesto Domato wrote:
> >> Yeah, I know the Wheezy is already frozen, but I thought that maybe
> >> the last version in Sid could be nice try it.
> >
> > The normal path to a getting a bug fix for a severe bug into testing
> > is to first upload it into unstable (sid).  Uploading a newer version
> > to unstable would, as I understand it, complicate the process should a
> > severe bug show up before release.
> Hmmm... if I'm not wrong, Sid is the development branch that after 10
> days moves the package to actual testing branch unless it's freeze
> (which doesn't means that you can't keep uploading new packages to
> Sid, they'll just only not be migrated to testing) or someone fills a
> critical-release bug that holds the package in Sid, it could also be
> hold by problems on other depending packages that also cannot be
> migrated to testing.
> Also known as "unstable", Sid then is used for new releases that
> upstream consider stable (unstable versions can be uploaded to
> experimental for trial).

I'm aware of the relationship between testing and unstable.

I don't know how to more clearly state what I did above.

> Anyway, if you wish you could upload a new version into "experimental"
> if you're not sure about the stability of the software and it could
> help you to stay up-to-date with changes that could affect the next
> releases of Debian.

I have enough work to do.  I'd be happy to sponsor an upload to
experimental, if you want to do the work.

More information about the dev mailing list